Friday, October 29, 2010

The G. Babes

Only the cutest, sweetest and smooshie mooshiest baby girl ever! She stole my heart the moment I saw her, not just mine but all her family. She has come into a world full of hugs,kissies and love. More than anything, may she grow up knowing her Heavenly Father, His love and grace.

How do I put into words the feelings that have overflowed in my heart...?
I can hardly speak of it without crying.
The absolute understanding, awareness that there truly is God and He has just poured out THE BIGGEST blessing into all our lives in the form of a new life, it is just overwhelming

A month ago our first Grandchild was born.
She has a full head of dark hair,
Ji-normous eyes,
The most perfect little nose,
Loooooong fingers and toe-ies for kissing
{I just love little feet!}.

We {offically, Grandpa Turtle, myself...aka YahYah, Uncle Josh and Auntie Hannah} were in the waiting room almost literally, right outside the delivery room when we received the text "Es un niƱa". We started cheering/yelling, "IT'S A GIRL, IT'S A GIRL...oh God, thank You! It's a girl, a baby girl!!!!!" Hugging, while crying we all thanked God for the arrival of our little G.babes.

Apparently,
we were so loud that a nurse from the delivery room came out to tell us we needed to keep it down.... aaaaaaaaaahahha, of course!
We had an explotion with joy, tears and praise, I can understand how that was probably too loud for the hospital waiting room but so much joy, who can keep it in?!

To be honest, I have to say, I am not really that good with change.
I wasn't ready when Jordan said he was getting married.
I wasn't ready when they told us they were having a baby.
I wasn't ready when our Lukie left for college,
in WISCONSIN(but that's a entirely different blog which I will eventually write when I can get through it without having Sob Fest 2010)

but,

the moment I met her,
I was more than ready,
ready for the shift in being Mom
to the role of being her Grandma.
I loved her from the moment I found out she was coming.
I prayed for her all the time and still do...

I am sure I will flood my blog with a plether of pictures but for now,
here are a few pics of her very first photo session.





She is so alert!
Photobucket

Smiling at 10 days old... she is amazing
Photobucket

Photobucket

I know this is terrible, but there is something about this picture that I love!
Photobucket

Jordan couldn't watch her cry without giving her kisses
Photobucket

...and there it is. Her Daddy gets her to stop crying.
Photobucket

I just love her little tootsies
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sweet Blessings to you and yours!

Still,
Sofia

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*sigh* this mad me cry, for alot of different reasons but one major one being, I remember when that daddy in the pictures was the little teeny tiny baby. Gosh, you can tell that Jordan is smitten, obviously you all are.
Thankyou for sharing her:)

love you Fia-ma

Gladieator said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, she is too Precious! A Gift from God. Jordan and Karen are truly blessed to have a wonderful family of support. So happy for you guys!

lots of hugs and kisses to G.Babes!

^.^ Glad

Angie said...

Oh my goodness! She is way too precious! What a cutie! I love that Jordan calmed her; so sweet! I love seeing you as a grammy! Awesome.